Dr. Tro is a board-certified Internal Medicine & Obesity Medicine Physician. Dr. Tro received his medical degree from Touro Medical College and completed his Internal Medicine Residency in the Yale New Haven Health System at Greenwich Hospital, serving as Chief Medical Resident during his time there.
Dr. Tro’s therapeutic focus includes diabetes, obesity, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, metabolic syndrome and PCOS. Dr. Tro’s approach begins with intensive lifestyle changes including diet, exercise, improved sleep hygiene, as well as stress management and mental health.
- 10:25 Start of podcast
- 11:05 Tro’s story.
- 26:10 How Coronavirus shows people will change their behaviors for their health.
- 27:45 The problem with mainstream health advice.
- 33:45 Metabolic dysfunction of americans.
- 34:35 Importance of Satiety.
- 39:10 Does the type of carbohydrate you eat matter?
- 40:45 Do some people have a carbohydrate threshold?
- 47:45 Clearing your liver glycogen and ketosis.
- 48:59 Tro’s perspective on Coronavirus.
- 53:45 Paul’s perspective on downsides of social distancing.
- 56:48 Metabolic dysfunction and Coronavirus.
- 1:01:20 How Coronavirus exposes how metabolically unhealthy we are.
- 1:07:30 Should we begin reopening society?
- 1:11:08 Daily prevalence of mortality (Portugal)
- 1:13:25 How do we protect the old from Coronavirus?
- 1:17:35 What type of testing does Tro do with his patients?
- 1:18:50 Coronavirus antibodies/can you get reinfected after recovering?
- 1:22:00 estimates of the uninfected rate (Iceland)
- 1:24:40 Why isn’t diabetes not called a pandemic?
- 1:26:00 Universal Screening for SARS-CoV-2 in Women Admitted for Delivery. (study)
- 1:30:00 Diabetes and influenza.
- 1:31:20 Diet apathy.
- 1:35:45 Where to find Tro online.
- 1:36:55 What is the most radical thing Tro has done recently.