In this episode of the podcast I review my recent CGM (continuous glucose monitor data) from 3 weeks of recording with Kara, a dietician from Nutrisense.io. These guys were kind enough to provide me with CGMs for this experiment but this is not a sponsored episode. I strongly believe that getting a CGM from any company will provide you with tons of data you can leverage in the future toward better health. If you want to check out Nutrisense, the company I used, you can find them at nutrisense.io and use CarnivoreMD as a promo code for some $ off your CGM direct to consumer (no prescription needed).
- 11:46 Start of the podcast
- 13:16 What is a CGM?
- 16:36 Glycemic variability and Coronavirus outcomes.
- 23:51 You can’t out exercise a bad diet
- 28:19 “Secret killers”
- 30:06 Risks for metabolic dysfunction
- 31:30 interpreting glucose monitor readings.
- 35:36 Hemaglobin A1C
- 42:09 Glycemic response/post-prandial reactions.
- 49:46 Insulin requirements.
- 52:36 Do carbohydrates cause diabetes?
- 59:01 Glucose level fluctuations.
- 1:03:06 Demonization of carbohydrates.
- 1:07:51 Mainstream carbohydrate recommendations.
- 1:10:06 Paul’s CGM data.
- 1:19:36 High glucose levels and sleep quality.
- 1:20:46 Pauls CGM data (continued)
- 1:34:46 Downside of long term ketogenic diets.
- 1:43:31 CGM data from other people.
- 1:53:36 Benefits of honey.
- 1:57:11 Is Fiber good for you?
- 2:07:12 Data over dogma.
- 2:08:56 What Kara’s diet is like.
- 2:10:26 Differences by ethnicity.
- 2:12:16 Paul’s real time CGM data.
- 2:14:04 The most radical thing Kara has done recently.